Accidents, fires, thefts — so many of the tragedies that occur at worship centers can be avoided with a few simple precautions. The Self-Inspection Safety Checklist is designed to help you prevent or reduce property, liability, theft, workers’ compensation and vehicle losses. We have organized the checklist to correspond with areas of concern — kitchens, furnace rooms, outside areas, etc. — to make it especially easy to use as you walk through your facility. Along with the checklist, we suggest you keep a calendar that notes the dates you do your inspections and includes a timetable for improvements.
Risk Management Program
• Do you have an accident prevention policy or mission statement?
• Are there written performance or accountability standards and objectives for managers and supervisors to:
• Reduce injuries and illnesses?
• Enhance workplace health and safety?
• Have you established compliance activities and programs?
• Is there a designated agency safety coordinator?
• Do you have any health and safety committees?
• Have you established written safety rules and practices?
• Do you offer health and safety training and education?
• Do you conduct health and safety inspections/surveys?
• Do you practice loss prevention and control techniques?
• Have you established health and safety promotion and awareness programs
• Have you established accident investigation and reporting procedures?
• Do you have a procedure for workers’ compensation claims management?
• Do you offer early return to work programs?
• Do you have emergency response procedures, including notification of authorities, parents and church officials?
Click to view and download our Self-Inspection Safety Checklist.
The information contained in these materials is intended solely to provide general guidance on topics that may be of interest to you. While we have made reasonable efforts to present accurate and reliable information, Church Mutual Insurance Company, S.I. and its affiliates expressly disclaim all liability for any errors or omissions, or for any actions you take or fail to take based on these materials. Links to any external websites provided in these materials are not maintained by Church Mutual Insurance Company, S.I. or its affiliates. Church Mutual Insurance Company, S.I. and its affiliates are not responsible for and do not in any way approve or endorse the content or accuracy of such sites. The information provided in these materials may not apply to your particular facts or circumstances; therefore, you should seek professional advice prior to relying on any information that may be found herein. © 2020 Church Mutual Insurance Company, S.I.. All Rights Reserved.