We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our individual policyholders or claimants to any affiliate or any nonaffiliated third party other than those permitted by law and only for the purpose of transacting the business of your insurance coverage or your claim. We do not sell any customer or policyholder information to mailing list companies or mass marketing companies. We treat our policyholder information as confidential.
Some states have enacted legislation that regulates the use of nonpublic information maintained by financial service institutions and insurance carriers on their customers who are insured with them. In the interest of providing you with an affirmation of our commitment to maintaining the privacy of customer and claimant information, we have prepared the following Privacy Practices Disclosure Notice. Please take time to review the information, as it is relevant to our business partnership with you.
This Privacy Practices Disclosure Notice outlines the privacy practices of CM Select Insurance Company listed below: This Privacy Practices Disclosure Notice will notify you of:
- The categories of nonpublic, personal, identifiable information (not corporate information) that CM Select collects from you or from a third party about you or about participants, beneficiaries or claimants under your insurance coverage;
- How CM Select uses the information;
- The categories of affiliates and nonaffiliate third parties with whom CM Select shares the information, as permitted by law; and
- The kind of security policies and procedures that are in place to protect the confidentiality and security of nonpublic personal information provided to CM Select.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Practices Disclosure Notice, you should contact CM Select by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at:
Sandra M. Woller
Assistant Vice President – Chief Compliance Officer
CM Select Insurance Company
3000 Schuster Lane
P.O. Box 357
Merrill, WI 54452-0357
1. Personally Identifiable Information Collected
CM Select wants you to conduct business with us knowing that we protect personal information. CM Select collects personally identifiable information from you or from third parties about you or about participants, beneficiaries or claimants under your insurance coverage as a part of the insurance application, underwriting, claims, administration and servicing process.
We collect nonpublic personal information from the following sources:
- Information we receive on applications or other forms and which may include policyholder, participant, beneficiary or claimant name, address, telephone number, social security number, household information, vehicle and driver information, date of birth, medical information related to underwriting and claims and insurance coverage information;
- Information about transactions with us, our affiliates or others, including information about previous claims or accidents, medical information related to claims, information about the circumstances of your accident or injury (if applicable) and the names of witnesses and other contact information; and
- Information we receive from consumer reporting agencies, state motor vehicle departments and inspection services.
2. How The Information Is Used
The information CM Select collects is used to provide policy and premium quotes, process underwriting applications, administer claims and answer questions or concerns about our insurance products and services. We also use the information for account administration; reporting, investigating, or preventing fraud or material misrepresentation; processing premium billing payments; processing and defending insurance claims; administering insurance benefits (including utilization review activities); and as otherwise required or permitted by federal or state law.
CM Select maintains paper copies or electronic archives of the information provided by you or by a third party for policy quoting for processing and administering your application or claims made under your policy and for improving our products and services. This information is kept internal to CM Select, except when needed to verify the information provided, to service your policy or claim as required or permitted by law. The information is not available to the general public. CM Select retains the information collected when a claim is filed under your policy for as long as required bylaw or regulation or as long as the claim is open and thereafter for a period set by the appropriate underwriting or claims records retention policies of CM Select.
3. Sharing Information Gathered
We do not disclose nonpublic personal information about you or about participants, beneficiaries or claimants under your insurance policy to anyone, except as permitted by law. We may share information about you or about participants, beneficiaries or claimants under your policy in the normal business of conducting insurance operations, such as providing you with an insurance quote or processing, servicing and administering your insurance policy and your claims.
Even without your authorization, once you become a CM Select customer or claimant, we are permitted by law to share information about you to entities, such as:
- A third party if it is reasonably necessary to enable the party to perform services for us, such as claims investigations, appraisals or the detection of fraud or material misrepresentations;
- Any of our affiliated companies who provide services to you;
- Insurance regulatory authorities, reporting agencies or, if applicable, involuntary market administrators;
- State motor vehicle department to obtain a report of any accidents or convictions;
- Law enforcement agencies or other governmental authorities to protect our interest or to report illegal activities;
- Persons or organizations conducting insurance actuarial or research studies, subject to appropriate confidentiality agreements; and
- As otherwise permitted or required by law.
We also are permitted by law to disclose the following information to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or with whom we have joint marketing agreements, including:
- Information we receive on applications or other forms, such as policyholder or claimant name, address, social security number, insurance coverages, vehicle and driver information and certain claims information;
- Information about transactions with us, our affiliates or others, such as insurance coverages, vehicle and driver information and claims information; and
- Information we receive from third parties, such as a consumer reporting agency, state motor vehicle records or claims history.
We do not sell any customer or policyholder information to mailing list companies or mass marketing companies. We treat our policyholder information as confidential.
4. Security Policies and Procedures
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you or about participants, beneficiaries and claimants under your insurance policy to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with state and federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
CM Select also uses a wide variety of data protection procedures and computer hardware and software tools to guard system and data privacy and integrity. CM Select’s computer systems also are protected by additional measures, such as encrypted data transmissions, network routers and firewalls intended to prevent unauthorized access.
5. Access and Correct Your Personal Information
You may request access to certain information about you that we have in our records. To request access, please send us a written request. Be sure to reasonably describe the information you want. If you believe that your information is incomplete or inaccurate, you may request that we make changes. Please send any of the requests listed above in writing to:
Chief Compliance Officer
CM Select Insurance Company
3000 Schuster Lane
P.O. Box 357
Merrill, WI 54452-0357
If you request corrections, additions or deletions, we will either make the changes that you request or notify you why we will not do so. If we decline your request, in some states you may have the right to file a concise statement with us about the dispute.
The rights in this section do not apply in certain cases, such as information related to litigation.
We reserve the right to change our privacy practices in the future, which may include sharing nonpublic personal information about you with nonaffiliated third parties. Before we do that, we will provide you with a revised Privacy Practices Disclosure Notice and give you the opportunity to opt out of that type of information sharing.