Terms & Conditions
Website Terms and Conditions
The website www.cmselect.com (the “Website”) is owned and operated by CM Select Insurance Company (CM Select). This notice sets forth the terms and conditions under which you may use the Website (the “Agreement”). Please read this Agreement carefully. Your use of the Website constitutes your acceptance of the following terms and conditions. If you do not accept this Agreement, please do not use this Website. This Agreement may be changed, modified, supplemented, or updated at any time, with or without advance notice. Your use of the Website after any such change, modification, or update constitutes your acceptance thereof. The information contained on this Website is not an offer to sell any product or service offered by CM Select.
Coverages and Services
This website contains only a general description of coverages and does not include all the terms, conditions, and limitations found in CM Select policies. The insurance policy, not general descriptions in this Website, will form the contract between the insured and CM Select. The precise coverage afforded by CM Select is subject to the terms and conditions of the policies as issued. Neither CM Select nor its employees, representatives or agents shall be liable to any party for the use of any information or statements made or contained herein.
Trademarks and servicemarks on this Website are the property of Church Mutual Insurance Company, S.I. or owned by third parties and displayed with permission. It is unlawful to use these trademarks or servicemarks for any purpose without prior written consent.
This site may be linked to other sites not maintained by CM Select. CM Select is not responsible for the content of those sites. The inclusion of any link to such sites does not imply approval of or endorsement by CM Select of the sites or the content thereof.
If you purchase a policy or make a premium payment through this Website, you are authorizing CM Select to draw funds from your echeck or credit/debit card account in the amount specified. For payments that you submit through this Website, a confirmation will be emailed for your records. Payments are processed by Paymentus, a payment vendor authorized by CM Select. Your payment information is securely transmitted to our payment vendor and at no point will it be available to, or stored by, CM Select. If you would like to know more about how Paymentus protects the information you submit through this Website, information can be found at their website or by contacting them.
Compliance with Laws
When you use this Website, you are responsible for complying with local laws. CM Select makes no representation that the materials on this Website are available for use in any location. Due to various insurance and other regulatory restrictions, certain products and services described on this Website may not be available in or suitable for all jurisdictions. Further, we make no representation that materials on this Website are appropriate for use outside the United States, or that access to this Website’s content is legal in any other jurisdiction. You may contact CM Select authorized agents to find out which products and services are available in your jurisdiction.
Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, CM Select will not, under any circumstances, be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, exemplary, or punitive damages, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, which result from the use of, or the inability to use, the material on this Website, regardless of whether CM Select has been advised of the possibility of such damages. CM Select assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damage to your computer equipment or other property that results from your accessing or using this Website or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video or audio from this Website. CM Select may, in its sole discretion, modify or discontinue any of the material on the Website at any time, without notice to you. CM Select is not liable to you or any third party for the effects of any such modification or discontinuance. Some states do not allow the limitation of liability stated herein, so the foregoing may not apply to you.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless CM Select from and against any and all losses, liabilities, expenses, damages, and costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and court costs) arising or resulting from your use of this Website or any violation of this Agreement. If you cause a technical disruption to the Website or the systems transmitting the site to you or others, you agree to be responsible for any and all losses, liabilities, expenses, damages, and costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and court costs) arising or resulting from that disruption. CM Select reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you and, in such case you agree to cooperate with CM Select in the defense of such matter.
When you provide your contact information to CM Select via the Website, you consent to receive electronic communications from CM Select. CM Select may communicate with you via e-mail or by sending messages to your online account. You acknowledge that electronic communications may not be encrypted and there is a risk that data, including but not limited to e-mail and personal data, may be accessed by unauthorized third parties. You agree that all notices, disclosures and other communications that CM Select provides to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
The following transactions may be communicated electronically:
- Purchasing a policy or making changes to a policy.
- Requests for changes to contact or profile information, such as updating your email.
- Providing links to your secure self-service portal so that you may view, print or download policy documents, at your convenience.
- Providing you with notices of changes to your insurance policy.
- Delivering billing notices when policy premiums are due, and providing receipts when you submit a payment through your secure self-service portal.
- Delivering notices of policy cancellation or nonrenewal.
If you do not wish to be contacted electronically, you may revoke your consent by emailing us at info@cmSelect.com.
The following is a partial list of activities that are prohibited in connection with the Website. Prohibited activities include, but are not limited to:
- using the Website for unlawful, unauthorized, fraudulent, or malicious purposes;
- using the Website in a manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any server, or any network connected to a server;
- interfering with another person’s use and enjoyment of the Website;
- using data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools with respect to any portion of the Website;
- gaining unauthorized access to accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to any server or systems; and
- accessing material, systems, data, or information not intended by CM Select to be accessible to you.
- create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others or impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- upload or introduce files that contain viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel-bots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another person’s computer or other property;
- upload or transmit material that infringes any patent, trademark, service mark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary right or the privacy or publicity rights of any other person or entity;
- impersonate another person or entity; or
- harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses.
CM Select reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate action, including but not limited to reporting such violations to law enforcement authorities or suspending or terminating the account of anyone who, in our sole discretion, violates this section of the Agreement.
You must create an account that is accessible with an authorized username and password in order to access certain portions of the Website. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password. In no event will CM Select be liable for unauthorized use or misuse of your username or password. You authorize CM Select to process any and all account transactions initiated through your account. You agree:
- to provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself when securing an account;
- not to impersonate any person or entity, misrepresent any affiliation with another person or entity, use false headers, or otherwise conceal your identity from us for any purpose;
- not to share your username and password with any other person;
- that you are solely responsible for all activities, charges, damages, or liabilities made or incurred through the use of your username and password. If you do share your account information with anyone, we will consider his or her activities authorized by you;
- to exit completely from your account at the end of each online session;
- to immediately notify CM Select of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security of which you become aware; and
- not to use anyone else’s account without permission.
CM Select is not liable for any losses that you may incur as a result of any unauthorized use of your account. However, you could be held liable for losses incurred by CM Select or another party resulting from someone else’s use of your account.
Portions of the Website that are password-protected may contain information designated proprietary or confidential by CM Select (the “Confidential Information”). You agree to keep this information confidential and to use it solely for the purpose of conducting business with CM Select. You further agree not to alter, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or otherwise modify any Confidential Information. Any employees to whom you disclose Confidential Information must be instructed and agree not to disclose the Confidential Information and not to use it for any purpose not permitted by this Agreement.
CM Select reserves the right to terminate your account and prevent you from accessing the Website at any time and for any reason, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement or applicable law. The violation of any of the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement shall result in the immediate termination of your right and license to use the material and obligates you to immediately destroy any copies of the material in your possession.